So, this post is for all the awards that I’ve recently got nominated for, yet haven’t taken out the time to post about them. So, here it is! I’m gonna bundle them up here cause too lazy for life.
1. Real Neat Blog Award!
I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by the wonderful Every Word You Say! She’s an amazing blogger, so check her out if you haven’t yet! Though I don’t think that’s possible. 😛
Here are the rules!
1. Thank the person who nominated you. Thank you! 🙂
2. Answer the given questions.
3. Nominate five bloggers.
1. What was the last book you read?
The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger. It was a great read, and I’m planning on rereading it.
2. The last song you listened to?
Lost at Sea, by Zedd. I am currently listening to it on repeat.
3. If you could be anyone for a week, who would you be?
I think I would want to be Einstein. It would be so great to understand them theories, without actually having to understand them. You know why? Because I would have been the person who came up with it in the first place! xD
Oh god, that was so lame. I make myself cry.
4. What’s your biggest wish?
Believe it or not, my biggest wish to end up the way I imagine myself to end up. I have everything planned out in my head; what I’ll be doing, how I’ll be doing, who I’ll be doing (not a typo hahahahahhaha omg lame), and who I’ll be with. It’s just a painful thing to imagine that it might not turn out that way. So, I suppose this is my biggest wish.
5. What’s your best piece of advice?
I suppose my best piece of advice would be me telling you to stay rue to yourself. It’s easy to lose yourself in this chaos, and that is perhaps the absolute worst thing that could happen. You should have your own opinions, and your own thoughts, and your own everything. Nobody can tell you to behave in a particular way. If they do try to change you, then perhaps it’s time to change who you hang out with. You should be something you want to be, not what you are expected to be. And this sounds so cliched oh my god.
6. What’s that thing you’ve been putting off for ages?
I’ve been putting off studying up on classes I missed since forever! I’ve missed a ton of classes at my coaching institute, and it’s the worst. But miraculously enough, I can still follow classes with great ease. That’s funny, because I don’t know anything at all! I should study, no? Sigh.
7. What is the piece of clothing you wear the most?
Haha! I’m mostly at home if not at school or class, and at home I mostly wear shorts and skirts, coupled with some random tee. I get hot very easily, so short shorts are lifesavers. 😛
8. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
I can’t live without food, naturally. And water.
Okay, on a serious note, I can’t live without reading. Be it fanfiction, or a novel. I have to read. If nothing else, I read my English Literature textbook (I have done that on countless occasions). So, there. And if you come to a thing, like an inanimate object, it will have to be my infinity necklace. My best friend got it for me in December (2014 yo), and I wear it always, especially on days I have tests or exams. And, also on flights and stuff. It’s like a lucky charm of sorts.
And before anyone asks, I liked infinity symbols long before I read TFIOS and Perks of Being a Wallflower.
9. Eye shadow or eyeliner?
Out of these two, eyeliner. However, I use kohl on my lower lashline rather than eyeliner, because eyeliner is too hard to put on everyday, and also because I look better in kohl. That is also the only makeup I use, except, of course, lip balm.
10. Favorite way to spend a Saturday?
Random movie marathon, no getting out of bed, no homework, no studying, no anything. Just food and TV. Not even WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.
The nominations, ding ding! (I am extremely sorry if I nominated you for this even though you already had it!)
2. The Liebster Award!
Again, I was nominated for this award by the amazing Every Word You Say! She’s pretty great, and follow her now if you haven’t yet, even though that’s not humanly possibly. Anyway, do it now. Or go spam her with likes and comments. I don’t know.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who thanked you. Once again, thank you, you amazing person ❤
2. Answer the questions given to you by your nominator.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers.
4. Create a new set of questions for your nominees.
The questions and my answers:
- If you had to sum up your life with one sentence, what would it be?
Er, I really don’t like these kind of questions where you have to think hard about yourself. I can never be too sure of factual correctness. I’m not even kidding. Okay, let me think. One sentence. Um… I guess it’ll be, ‘Wanting and wishing for a lot, but never really working towards it.’
Don’t even ask. I’m pretty sure that’s the most correct description I can give.
- What is your dream job?
It’s a tie between a successful writer and a psychiatrist. Even though it may not look like it, I love writing fiction. Also, I’m everyone’s go to shrink in my friend circle.
- What is your favourite thing about yourself (can be a physical feature or your personality, or both!)?
My eyes? I think they’re pretty plain, but sometimes I’m like, man they’re nice. They’re brown. I’ve been complimented on them a lot of times.
- Do you own any pets?
I have a dog. She is around eleven years old, and her name is Misty. She is golden brown in colour, but her paws and the top of her head are slightly white now. She’s the cutest thing in the world. She is a Dachshund. Also, my sister adopted a cat, and named him Turtle. Don’t ask why. Though I don’t know if I can call it my pet exactly, as she lives in the USA and I live in India.
- What sounds can you hear right now?
I’m listening to this song. So, this song. For anyone who’s interested, it’s Better Off Dead by Sleeping With Sirens.
- If you could only keep one physical object that you own and everything else would be destroyed, what would you keep?
My infinity locket?
- What were you like when you were growing up?
A handful, I’m sure! Nah, I’m kidding. I was actually nice. I was kind, soft spoken most of the time, although I loved to scream. I was into a lot of sports. I even studied and did homework on time. I didn’t have a lot of friends growing up though, so that sucked.
- What’s your favourite movie?
My favorite chick flick is A Boy Girl Thing, and another favorite movie which is not exactly a chick flick, is Girl, Interrupted. I’m sure there were more in the list, but I’m kinda drowsy so I have no idea if I’m alive or not anymore.
- When was the last time you laughed and why?
I laughed a little earlier in the evening, when I was watching the TV. I’m sure I laughed sometime before dinner, at something on Comedy Central. But I can’t remember what it was exactly, so I’ll tell you about how I laughed like anything at the part where Elizabeth Bennet tells the dreaded Mr. Collins that no one would expect his manners to be rehearsed. (I was watching it earlier in the day. I’ve seen it a bajillion times already btw.)
- What is your happiest memory?
Where math was simple, and I got what I was studying, and I knew what I wanted to do in life, and when I didn’t care about my hair or my face, and also when things were simpler and I didn’t have to decipher everything and everyone. Basically, when I was a kid. That’s not exactly a memory, but I’ve always sucked at the best/worst questions.
Nominations? Hmm, okay:
2. Gaurav Chaplot
3. Everything and Nothing
5. Mageowl’s Blog.
8. Mathemagical Site.
9. The Quintessential Irony We Call Life.
10. Just Call Me Elm Or Something.
1. If you could pick one, what would you pick? Your options are: editor for the school newspaper or the quarterback.
2. Writing or reading or drawing?
3. Favorite food and why?
4. Do you like turtles and/or tortoises?
5. What is your idea of the perfect gift for a loved one?
6. What do you think 50 Shades of Grey?
7. a) What Hogwarts house do you identify yourself with and why? (If you are not a Potterhead, no worries! Sky has other things in store for you! OR, you can answer this anyway!)
7. b) (Haha, see what I mean by other stuff? Aren’t I the best? You can also answer this even if you’ve answered the previous one!) The best book you’ve ever read? And I mean the bet. The ones that knocked your socks off. The one that ROCKED your world. The one which changed your life for EVER.
8. Best piece of poetry you’ve ever read?
9. Do you like Facebook?
10. Read this and please laugh along with me!
That’s for this award! Thanks a ton for the award, Every Word You Say! 😀
3. The Encouraging Thunder Award!
Woo, last award on the list! I have the super cool thoughts of a troubled mind to thank for this, so thanks a ton, you! 😀
This award is pretty different, and pretty short to type up. I’m sorry, I’m tired and just wanna sleep. 😛
Rules go this way:
1. Post it on your blog.
2. Add the logo.
3. Grant award to other cool bloggers.
4. Mention your purpose in blogging.
5. Thank the supermegafoxyawesomehot person who nominated you. Thanks again, Ayushi!
Purpose in blogging:
Pretty simple, actually. I write because I like writing, and it is the only way I think I can write about stuff like dumb movies and how much they make me feel like jumping off a cliff. I blog because I don’t really know how to express myself without writing, and blogging helps me do that. I’m not very sure. I’ve found that I’m never very sure of anything. Again, blogging helped me reach that conclusion.
My nominations, lo and behold! *dances to the sound of thunder*
That’s all for this humongous post! Good day, folks!