One who follows this blog quite religiously (lol who the fuck am I kidding), would know that I have received a Liebster Award in the past. However, the absolutely smashing hystericalselcouth nominated me for it again, and I couldn’t resist writing a post about it! (Another reason is that I always put off doing awards I was nominated for and I’ve forgotten which ones they were… so oops?)
You gotta go look at her blog right away, because I adore her blog (even though I don’t get half of it). So, I’d say some more, but my brain is fried (I’ve gotten absolutely nothing done today and my best friend went back to boarding school after coming home for the weekend and I won’t see her till December AND TRAGEDY OKAY). I will, however, emphasize on the fact that I like her blog and I think you would too, so you should go over there and say hi. Don’t forget to mention who sent you.
So, on with this!
Rules go this way:
- Post the award on your blog. Done
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and include a link to their blog. Done, and done.
- Write eight random facts about yourself.
- Nominate eight bloggers who you think are deserving and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the questions put forward by the nominating party and put up 8 questions for your nominees.
Well, let’s get right to it. 8 random facts about me:
- I used to go for like advanced badminton classes till like two years ago, and one of my proudest achievements were smashes that hit the opponents in the eye. Initially, it happened by mistake, but then I started aiming for the eye; only going easy a bit when the other guy ended up with a red eye that was watering badly.
- My hair is a mix of brown and black. The reason? I was a very avid swimmer, and the chlorine did wonders for my hair. Not.
- I want to learn Latin, and Spanish. I was actually learning Spanish till like last year, but school now doesn’t let me have any free time. (Hilarious, as I’m reading fanfiction half the day).
- I love Tom Riddle fanfiction, especially with OCs. Dramione is my OTP, and I will never ship Snily. Also, Harmony is just wrong. Also, I cried buckets when Hedwig died.
- There are a lot of bookworms who are all like, “NO I WON’T GIVE YOU MY BOOK WHAT IF YOU RETURN IT WITH CREASES IN IT AND DROP FOOD OR DRINK ON IT NO WAY THAT PIECE OF HEAVEN IS MY BABY I WON’T LET YOU SOIL IT WITH YOUR FILTHY FINGERS!” Okay, so that might’ve been a bit too much. I am known for my theatrics, so I don’t know why it should come off as surprising. Okay, I have digressed a little. So my point is, a lot of book lovers are protective over their books. But, not me. My first pick for bookmarks are folding a corner of the page. I like it when the pages are slightly frayed, the cover a little damaged, because to me that is a sign that the book has been read, and been loved. For me, the book has fulfilled its destiny.
- In our school, tenth grade is right next to the principal’s office. Tenth grade is also when school elections happen, so the captains (the girls) are the ones who do the announcements on the school’s PA system, which is in the principal’s office. So, for the entire year, it was me, coupled with another girl who did the announcements. The other day, I was going for my biology class, which takes place downstairs (my classroom is on the first floor). So, the vice principal spotted me just as I was entering the classroom, and told me to announce that the essay competition scheduled for the day has been canceled. At first, I protested strongly, saying that my time is long gone, and now it falls in the jurisdiction of current tenth graders to do this stuff, but she would have none of it. I announced it in a trembling voice, and later got flak from one of my guy friends for saying the American pronunciation of ‘scheduled’.
I feel like I suck at listing facts about myself.
- My school holds brutal elections. The rumors about the candidates are wicked. With that being said, never use big English words while delivering a speech to prospective student-subjects. They only go up to you after it is done to ask if you had that memorized for months. (No, I made it up on the spot. Yes, I am that competent. Please vote for me, I will not let you down. Thank you!)
- I recently got addicted to Nirvana. Does anyone else think that Kurt Cobain’s last letter was poetic, or was it just me?
- What is your earliest memory from a place which was not your home at the time?
I’m not sure. Does this refer to the earliest place in a city that was your home, or a city that wasn’t your home? It can also run way, waaay deep, because as you might’ve heard, ‘Home is where the heart is’. In that case, all my memories till this moment should suffice. However, I don’t think you meant it in that way, so I’m gonna try and answer this. One of my earliest memories include playing with two little boys my age when I was in preschool. They were my best friends, and I don’t even remember their names now, so that sucks. Out of the two, one was especially close. I remember his room in vivid detail, which, truth be told, is kinda creepy. Another answer, for a city not my home, was when we had gone to Dalhousie. I remember mom teaching me how to draw Mickey Mouse in the hotel room, while we were waiting for dad and my elder sister to return from wherever they had gone to. I also remember buying Pokemon figurines somewhere there.
- Do you think we should have a national health service and subsidized university education?
Yes? I mean, of course. I will add how I wanted to be a doctor because I was disgusted by the fact that people had to pay to get better when they were suffering from so much pain. I hated how this beautiful gift of the gods to save lives had been monopolized. I wanted to reform the medical system. It was only when I grew up a bit that I realized that would never happen. The same goes for education. Education isn’t a privilege, it is a right. Every human being deserves to gain knowledge, which would in turn lead to him being an important member of the community.
Wow, I have such utopian expectations.
- At this very moment, which is your favourite band/ musician and what impact does their music have on you?
Right now, I’m listening to Paradise by Coldplay on repeat, so I’ll have to take their name. I’m also listening to Bastille and Evanescence again, so there’s that. I can’t explain how music makes me feel, it is actually a pretty difficult task. I’ll just say how it is so amazing that music is capable of expressing what we feel, sometimes without words.
- Have you ever moved cities/ towns? If so, how many times?
I’ve moved a lot of times. From my birth city to the present city, I’ve moved four times. (Dad’s an army officer).
- Infinity or undefined?
Infinity, always infinity.
- If you could do one thing as your profession, without considering financial implications, what would you do?
Write. And maybe teach.
- What music has father-dear passed on?
I didn’t really get this question? In case it is a literal question, none. My dad never sings (with the exception of tipsy late nights at home after official dinner parties), and he doesn’t know any instruments. I think. But he’s done plenty of cool stuff like skiing and eating exotic seafood and underground hospitals and even a UN PEACE MISSION LIKE HOW COOL CAN DAD GET.
- What one thing/event/person has made you what you are today?
Okay, seriously, my present school and the friends I gained here. I’m not one for gloating, but I’ve always sort of stuck out in my previous schools (this is my sixth school to date), because I was always the top of my class. There were suck ups, and there were acquaintances, and there were indifferent people. I never really had much competition, and hence was always treated in a particular way. This led to me acting in a haughty manner, one that was actually quite rude. It was only when I got here that I was given a reality check, and became the person I am today. I know I sound terrible right now, but that person is really in the past.
Okay, that is it for her questions. Now, my questions for the nominees:
- What do you like more – the moon, or the stars? If the moon, which particular phase?
- Have you even been in love? If yes, what is it like? If no, do you believe in it?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- What do you think you will see in the Mirror of Erised? Also, what would your boggart be? While we’re at it, what house do you identify yourself with, and what would your patronus be?
- Do you like poetry? If yes, which is your favorite piece?
- How many languages do you know? Name them.
- What is your most cherished possession?
- Isn’t this just the BESTEST thing ever? Tell me what you thought of it. And if you didn’t get it, I’ll gladly explain.
Well, this post is now drawing to a close! Final step: nominees:
- Gaurav Chaplot.
- Wide Eyed.
- Isabel says.
- too many feelings.
- YOU, you who would like to accept this award, because you are so nice.
Also, that’s all.
I have to write a speech for English, study 6 chapters of chemistry by this Friday, and also feel semi-okay to get through the week. Bleak, future prospects are bleak.
P.S.: If you can’t already tell, I’ve been reading a lot of Harry Potter fanfiction lately. ALSO, HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD, SAY WHAT! Please, I beg one of you generous people to give me a ticket to London!